Friday, March 18, 2011

The Shuttles

School shuttles allow students to get around campus in a minimum amount of time.  According to some students, the shuttles are highly dependable and very efficient.

There are three shuttles that CSULB provides students.  There is an east shuttle, west shuttle and the all-campus shuttle.  I spoke with some students on how the shuttle impacts their daily routine.

I interviewed an art student on why she takes the shuttle and she stated, "All my classes are upper campus and carrying my artboad, that thing is almost as big as me." She also said that its heavy and walking the stairs is hard to do. 

Another student, Leslie Campos, said the shuttles were pretty much on time and they are pretty dependable.  "They are on time, I use it all the time since I live on campus and I can even check to see if they are on time with my phone."  She also claimed the drivers of the shuttles are "cool" people and that the shuttles are very dependable.

The shuttles make it easy to get to and from class, the shuttles also connect up with the U-Pass.  They arrive at the same stops for students who come from one bus to the shuttle.  The shuttles can, sometimes, become crowded and making some students wait for the other shuttle.

Both of the students I interviewed said that depending on the driver, students can ride the shuttle on certain "standing room" areas (the steps).  This could be a danger but students don't mind if it means that they get to class on time.

You can check out these websites to check the shuttle routes and where they are at on the route.  You can also visit this website to see the arrival time of the shuttle at the stop nearest you.
CSULB Shuttle



No comments:

Post a Comment